Friday, February 1, 2013

#BlackandWhiteFebruary

I don't believe that this is an already established movement, but for the month of February I decided that it would be a fun and interesting project to take ALL of that month's pictures in black and white. All of them. Not taking it in color and then setting it to "Inkwell" or something on Instagram. Just taking them in straight B&W.

After dealing with the slow frame rate of "Black and White Camera" (these are all Android apps, by the way, but they may be available at the App Store), I found this amazing application called "Retro Camera." It has six different oldie camera types, four of which have a black and white option, and the photos are just so visually delectable(sorry to be weird in my wording here). It's like an instant Instagram photo, without having to upload it to Instagram or edit it or tag it or anything! I was like, "What? Awesome!"

(it's hard to tell, but the one above has a polaroid-style white border around it)

So. For this month, this is my go-to black and white photo camera. My only suggestion would be to date each capture instead of number them things like "shot_1359762627001," so I can know when I took it rather then when I downloaded it. But, other than that it is great.

#blackandwhitefebruary

Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment