Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Hasta ahora / Up 'til now

Catching up on what's happened since the Patagonia post...

19 abril - la playa de Lirquén

Another weekend, another playa, am I right? Anyway, this Friday, Elizabeth and I visited Lirquén.

















friendly dog (not the one that guided us out of the slippery rocks, though)






the mysterious house in the forest (that I was obsessed with getting to)


we couldn't not follow the story of the Menoko (sacred land/nature)


found this tree with a bunch of stuffed animals and fabric bits tied to it



backtracking... no, we didn't make it to that house :(

20 abril - la Laguna Grande de San Pedro

The following Saturday, we visited San Pedro (my second time there - and this time a bit more organized, maybe because I wasn't responsible for the organizing :P) and the Laguna Grande (and surrounding park area).

interesting bus stop architecture













eucalyptus (which has basically replaced the native forest to allow for cellulose production)





submerged steps


you know me and abandoned train cars...




 27 abril - la base naval de Huascar en Talcahuano

My next excursion with Elizabeth was to the Huascar naval base in Talcahuano. [Well, it was less the base and more the boat museum, which was also cool. Of course, the coolest was el palacio... You'll see. ;) ]










(so majestic)







reasons not to complain about tiny dorm rooms: they're not this tiny (nor are they on a boat)









the plants amaze me sometimes (a lot of the time)

Elizabeth in front of el palacio

it's the weekend, bitches


so, yeah, I've recently inherited a palace; feel free to send fan mail to my new address...

at the costanera (kind of like a boardwalk, I guess? without wood?) of Talcahuano


(she convinced me to rent the pedal cars, I swear)


I'm not one to dis animals' looks, but... damn


(w/ a recently-engaged[?] couple having a professional photoshoot)

el Teatro Regional del Bío-Bío

a look at the inside...





30 abril - deambulando por la ciudad

One might say this was a bit of an "accidental" adventure... After class, I was just walking around el centro, and when I was ready to go home, I started walking along the colectivo route (colectivos are shared taxis that have fixed routes like buses - or, as they're called here micros) because it was that time of afternoon where I would have been waiting for ages for an empty one to go by, so I decided to at least start to cover some of the distance in the meantime. Anyway, a few did finally pass me, but by then I had decided - on a whim, though I had pondered it before - to just walk the rest of the way home: why not? And I'd wondered just how long it would take, and it was decent weather and I had the time, so I just did it. (An hour and fifteen minutes. About what I had guessed beforehand.)


first, some campus photos




la biblioteca




campanil silhouette

in the Plaza Perú












Thanks for scrolling through, and I hope you enjoyed! More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment