Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Las últimas fotos telefónicas (de Chile)

I have returned to the United States, and before a bunch of NM summer photos accumulate, I want to share the last of the phone pics from Chile, excluding two big photoshoot occasions that will get their own post.

09 junio
using a book like an oxygen mask

10 junio





little wings flapping

11 junio













12 junio





views from inside another of the EULA buildings, I.

views..., II.

13 junio



I was too tall to be able to go on it :(


stumbled upon a presentation (about feminism and self-esteem) in the mall library

(some pics of us at the event)



 14 junio
voting for paro (so that's how it happens...)
 
 15 junio
desayuno

17 junio


the café in Química (where I had my one-on-one class bc of la toma)

waiting while my professor was voting for how to end la toma



enjoying the sun bc of how frigid it was in the buildings earlier




el arco at night

18 junio

"...for the fight [that] lives on, resistance & rebellion"





18 junio
can't get enough of that skyline coming down the hill


19 junio
sleepy boy

I spy a tiny house~ project




flags LtoR: Mapuche (indigenous), Chile, Concepción



a relatively new installation in el Parque Ecuador




20 junio
this weird fruit is called a caigua (one of my host grandmas grows them in her yard and brought one over)

21 junio


22 junio

24 junio
taking a test in this very tiny (postgrad?) classroom




inside view of the tiny house

photography challenge prompt: geometry



25 junio

I guess he's comfortable...?



26 junio
very morbid
"Sometimes, when I'm on the bus, I wish there was an accident so I wouldn't have to go to class; I've thought about it more than once."

chewing his toy (the one I got him)

27 junio
(sugar-free) balancing act

backyard is now a wetland

28 junio
cleaning up from la toma so classes can start again


nopal (prickly pear cactus) y copihue (a Chilean flower)

all part of the mural "La presencia de América Latina"


student art submissions



01 julio

protesting students blocking the vehicle entrance


the fountain


inside la Facultad de Química

"UdeC criminalizes" ~ "the strike won't stop"

"the strike won't stop"

"my cursèd ego" (honestly same)






very upset that we're going back home

Araucaria

 02 julio
I guess he's (still) comfortable...?

that weird projection might be the eclipse

03 julio
more protests from students

04 julio
bust into my room and jumped onto the bed with me



05 julio



looking out over the neighborhood




06 julio

thought my chest would be a good place to station himself


07 julio

 08 julio
"I have the right to walk the streets safely and without fear"


the Torreones roundabout



how frickin' cute is he

good one

 09 julio
sometimes he'll watch me go from the stairs



debates about abortion in the bathroom stalls

"woman, the bicycle liberates you!"

I would translate it, but I realize I don't know half of what it's saying

"UdeC criminalizes students that organize"

walking down el diagonal



10 julio
winter blooms



11 julio

*photos of me taken by Rita













Barros Arana is a crazy-ass street, but this view...
 


saying chao to Alamosita...

...as she goes to live with Elízabeth

el campanil framed by el arco


 12 julio
one last look

"the vegan tricycle" - a street vendor of vegan desserts

13 julio
last-ever cuddles

very majestic, señor

The last sets of Chile photos will be a special-edition collection of campanil shots ;) and my weekend visit to Valparaíso. See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment