Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thai Vegan

Today for lunch my dad and I dined at Thai Vegan, on the southeast corner of Solano and Central in Albuquerque.



My dad ordered green curry, tofu satay, and Thai iced tea. I ordered freshy rolls, wonton noodle soup, and chrysanthemum tea.
Chrysanthemum tea
Freshy rolls
Wonton noodle soup 
Green curry
Tofu satay

this spoon was fun to eat with(hard to get the noodles, though)
The lady in the photo below amused me so much I had to write about her on my blog. When the waitress walked over to her table asking how her meal was, she admitted that it was really good... but that it wasn't what she ordered! It humored me so much I had to photograph her.


Another fun thing... the chef actually came out to visit the customers! He stopped by everyone's table and checked on them and their meal, and bowed to them, wishing them happy holidays. I loved his hat but I couldn't get a picture of his face with it.


Vegan or not, this restaurant is delicious and filling - and healthy, too(as the sign proclaims)! I kept calling everyone who walked in a hipster, and I had no regrets about walking into the quirky vegan diner rather than the Route 66 Malt Shop - which definitely would not have catered to non-meat eaters.
P.S., for dessert we had a fruit called rambutan, chilled over ice. It was sweet and gummy in texture, grape-like.

No comments:

Post a Comment